Spring is perfect time to refresh your wardrobe. A nature is waking up, it's getting warmer, everybody has more energy and willingness for changes. Winter is falling into oblivion for a long months together with coats, caps, heavy shoes and red noses. Everybody wants to get rest from dark colours, studs and tick fabrics. Women want to be feminine, romantic and delicate. Below is a list of items that I think will be the most desired this spring (also for me).
What comes to mind when I think about lace? Feminine and softness.When you want to wear lace you need to remember to not exaggerate with the colour and amount. Lace is dressy itself and still perceived by many as lingerie fabric. That's why I'd suggest to stay with light, cream and pastel colours, and to keep accessories to minimum. A black lace bodysuit may look elegant but red - not. It will look interesting if you mix lace with heavy fabric, like lace dress with wool cardigan. Lace also fits perfectly into spring-summer trend for transparency.
1. skirt Dorothy Perkins; 2. dress Top Shop; 3. bodysuit Top Shop
1. blouseValentino; 2. bodysuit Kova & T; 3. top Marc Jacobs
2. Nautical Style
I've heard so many times that stripes add kilograms. You can forget about it while watching collections for spring/summer season. There's so many white-navy stripes, golden buttons and sailor collars.
1. dress Top Shop; 2. shorts New Look; 3. tunic Dorothy Perkins
1. sweater Sonia by Sonia Rykiel; 2. blouse Chloe; 3. scarf LemLem
There's no spring without flowers. This year a whole collections are built over floral patterns. I really prefer flowers to studs that were so popular this winter.
1. coat New Look; 2. dress H&M; 3. top Top Shop
1. blouse Diane von Furstenberg; 2. dress Pringle 1815; 3. dress Erdem
It's not something that I particularly like. Especially an oversized boyfriend denim shirt. But I have nothing against colourful printed denims like the ones from Top Shop collection. Anyway everything points out that this season 1990s are coming back and the most fashionable will be mentioned boyfriend denim shirt. I'm sure you'll find one in your father's closet.
1. dress Top Shop; 2. shorts Unique/Top Shop; 3. blouse Dorothy Perkins
1. kurtka Vivienne Westwood Red Label; 2. kurtka Current/Elliott; 3. kamizelka Citizens of Humanity
5. Pastels and Nude Colours
Especially light pink. Because everyone's tired by winter darks and greys.
1. top H&M; 2. cardigan Top Shop; 3. cardigan Dorothy Perkins
1. shoes Christian Louboutin; 2. skirt Jason Wu; 3. blouse Carven
The most beautiful on Stella McCartney's catwalk. I prefer not to exaggerate with size and choose the small ones that emphasise, not dominate over my shape.
1. tunic Dorothy Perkins; 2. bolero and shorts Top Shop; 3. dress H&M
1. dress Stella McCartney; 2. cardigan Vionnet; 3. blouse Vivienne Westwood Red Label
7. Playsuit and Jumpsuit
I didn't like them for a long time. Having so many different shapes, fabrics and designs everybody will find something interesting.
1. Top Shop; 2. Dorothy Perkins; 3. Urban Outfitters
1. Chloe; 2. Alexander Wang; 3. Tibi
There's just one rule: the crazier and bigger the better.The most popular designs are flowers, bows, braids, stones and feathers. There are small hats with veil, DIY trinkets made from fabrics, zips and buttons, animal pins and exotic flowers, headbands imitating natural braid and wreaths. If you don't want to spend a fortune on new clothes - invest in accessories. I'm bored of bows so I avoid them. I may wear the ones I already have but I'm not going to spend any more money on them.
1. headband Dorothy Perkins; 2. hat Top Shop; 3. headband with veil Top Shop
1. Bijoux Heart; 2. Philip Lim; 3. Sonia Rykiel