Followers

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Barren Wasteland by Helena Kvarnstrom


Tell me what you see and I'll tell you who you are. 
Helena Kvarnstrom is a Swedish photographer living in Canada. According to herself, she's interested in trees, water, bodies, ghosts, loneliness, stillness, secrets and hidden threats. She's a writer too, her novella and photography book, Violence, was published in 2005. Her words are the same as her photographs - honest, authentic and powerful. Below you have a black&white pictures of the nature absorbing a naked women's bodies. Still and powerful against soft and small.

You like her pictures? You might like her blog too.

There is nothing better than being in a forest or a lake.  I think maybe I am especially drawn to photographing them because I grew up with all this Swedish folklore in which forests and lakes are these kind of magical places, but also dangerous and unknown.   When I go to other places I seek out other natural environments, partially to photograph and partially just because I love being in them. 

 interview with Helena here


pictures by Helena Kvarnstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment